I posted the first blog Sarah did in her series of ” Moral Rehab” at The Elite Gymnast and I was inspired. I decided to come up with my own blog of nice things to say about the 5 gymnasts she used in her series.
So the link is to each of Sarah’s individual gymnasts so you know who I am talking about. The comments are the nice things I can come up with.
1. The best part of re-watching the 2003 worlds is to listen to the girls on the team talk about someone from another team falling off a beam. Carly’s response to the fall was a sarcastic “Aw. That’s too bad” Classic line from Miss Carly that still makes me laugh 8 years later.
2. I liked her song “back to the beginning. One of those cheesy tunes I sing in the shower. Please excuse her being off key and the tune never changing she must have been sick. The outfit kind of looks like she is a stripper in a lounge act but I bet Nastia chose this for her. So we can’t blame Carly for it.
2. If it wasn’t for Carly, Nastia would be the first American to win the Olympic AA Gold medal in a fully attended Olympics. Think about that for a second. Imagine how many times Tim and Elfi would share this fact with us. I thank Carly every day for winning that gold medal.
1. Bradyn ” Brady” Tyler Quinn is “hot” Alicia doesn’t always have good taste in boys (he was QB for Notre Dame and every year he got his ass kicked by BC:) but this one is a keeper. At least in the looks department.
2. Alicia can beat up boys. Some boys need to get the shit kicked out of them once in awhile.
3. Alicia is from Massachusetts. Don’t listen to Sarah when she says we aren’t all nice down here. She doesn’t know what she is talking about. Just don’t drive with us. Or come to Fenway dressed in pinstrips because then you will see a nasty side of us that won’t put us in a very good light.
She is a real blond. Well I don’t know if the carpet matches the drapes (I suppose we could ask Evan but I doubt he would have any insider information) but the hair looks real.
2. I love her name. Not her stupid nick name Nastia but her real name. The name Anastasia is very pretty.
3. She is single-handedly trying to bring back the 80’s phenom of the Flash dance sweatshirt falling off the side of your shoulder. I mean we could have lost this gaudy fad forever. Thank God for Nastia bringing it back.
1. Shawn is cute as a button. All American’s are stupid and only like the cute ones so I thought I would further that notion and use it as a reason number 1.
2. She won beam in China. Saving us from another undeserved Gold medal like the one the UB judges tried to hand Nastia on a silver platter.
3. She had great difficulty and great form (minus the jumps) but anyone that can do a cast to handstand with her feet together in 2010 gets liked by me. Seriously watch everyone else. Even Komova and NO ONE does this anymore. It’s a lost art.
1. Ummmmmm. ????????
1. She isn’t a twin. One of them is Scary enough. Two of them? I don’t even want to think about it.